Film Festivals Clamor to Screen WH Students’ Works

The Kent Place Film Festival is one of four film fests that have officially recognized and screened Warren Hills students’ work this year. At the international level, senior Joe Marusic and juniors Ainsley Fitz and Gabriella DeLeon for their short film The Necklace, and junior Natalie Luongo for her film Mirage, were recognized by the 2022 International Lift-Off Sessions Film Festival. The Lift-Off Sessions is an online event that uses its prestige to recognize independent filmmakers to grow their careers in independent film with festivals, showcases and a global members network. These films were screened live from The Lift-Off Sessions headquarters at Pinewood Studios in the United Kingdom. In addition, Kent Place Film Festival selected six Warren Hills films to be screened at an online event hosted by Kent Place High School of New Jersey. The films and their student producers are Luongo for Mirage, senior Ethan Suiter for his film The Moment, seniors Samantha Bradley and Alex Balaney for Begin Again, junior Sandy Eskow for Experimental Experience, junior Emily Wetenhall for Two Faces, and junior Julia Thompson for Rekindle. Bradley’s original musical score for her film won a One Earth Award from International Film and Music Festival in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Following these accomplishments, Eskow’s Experimental Experience and Wetenhall’s Two Faces were nominated for Best Category Award at a film festival hosted by Rowan University’s Radio/TV/Film Department. (Photo courtesy of Kent Place Film Festival)