The Streak

Borough Gets Festive

Back to Article
Back to Article

Borough Gets Festive

Vendors lined up and down the sides of local parking lot, giving the festival goers freedom to roam and explore the various stations.
(Photo by Kassidy Vargas)

Vendors lined up and down the sides of local parking lot, giving the festival goers freedom to roam and explore the various stations. (Photo by Kassidy Vargas)

Kassidy Vargas, Features Editor

Washington borough held its yearly festival displaying business vendors, games, food, and musical entertainment in late September.

People of all ages attended the local festivities to enjoy the atmosphere. The music was diverse with different genres played by local bands with their own instrumental twist.

Music ranged from the newest pop music of today, to the stylings of classic country. Local musicians were given the opportunity to play their original music at the festival letting the town know what they sing for.

Kids took full advantage of the grand bounce houses and the Whirly Bird thrill ride. Whirly Bird is a four-seated ride that has two handles per person. The more the riders pumped the handles forward and back, the faster the ride spun.

Stew’s Auto Body built their own version of a mini golf course, displaying mini cars, trucks, and houses. Parents found the enjoyment of the activities made it a challenge to pull the kids away.

Big and small businesses all over Washington attended the festival to promote their companies. The sides of the streets were decorated with vendors spread out from corner to corner.

Top businesses included Farmers Insurance, PNC Bank, Common Sense for Animals, and also included places like Warren County Community College, Unity Bank, and more. Locally managed stores included the Vault Youth Center, Gaia’s Gifts, Washington Public Library, and Esoteric Jiu-Jitsu Academy.

All corporations were offering the locals free products or information in hopes that their businesses will be recognized. Warren County Community College was the most generous by giving a recyclable bag full of other simple products useful for anyone and everyone.

Organizations like Boy and Girl Scouts, provided assistance for their programs by selling cookies, funnel cake, grilled food and drinks. The family owned shop, Get a Grip and More, supplied Snow-Kones for people to savor the ice on the hot day.

The main food that was provided however, was from diverse food trucks. From spicy Thai food to Cold Ice Cream from an Ice Cream Truck. The food trucks were able to add a special touch that made the fest a complete success.

By the end of the festival, the vendors were packed up, stores were closing and everyone got to complete the night with lasting sounds of the band on the stage. The memories families have created that day are sure live on forever.