Enzo’s Pasta Grill: Best Pizza in Washington

Warren Hills Journalism students have rated the pizza from Enzo’s Pasta Grill as the best out of nine pizza establishments within five miles of the high school. (Photo by Ryleigh Reagan)

If you are a local resident, there is a good chance that you have eaten a meal at Enzo’s Pasta Grill, which has been a staple business in southern Warren County for 35 years.

If you have  not eaten there, then surely you have driven past at least one of its two celebrated locations in Washington or Mansfield township.

During the second marking period, a pizza rating competition was held by Warren Hills Journalism students, where pizzas were ordered and taste-tested from various local restaurants. Enzo’s pizza from the Washington restaurant took first place with the highest rating, according to the judgment of The Streak staff reporters and editors.

The family that runs Enzo’s Pasta Grill has owned local Italian restaurants since 1974, starting with Attilio’s in CITY?.

The owner of both Enzo’s locations is Vinni Ianelli. In 1986 the Washington location of Enzo’s Pasta Grill was opened, and 18 years later, its Mansfield location launched operations in 2004.

The Washington location is at 328 W. Washington Avenue/State Route 57, and its Mansfield location is at 1916 Route 57.

Some of the dishes that Enzo’s offers are burgers, salads, soup and, of course, pizza. Other items on the menu include selections with Italian flavoring, such as chicken parmigiana, veal marsala, zuppa di pesce and pasta bolognese.

“It is a great family environment with lots of amazing food,” raved Madison Summitt, a Warren Hills senior who considers herself a frequent Enzo’s customer.

A family environment is something that Enzo’s Pasta Grill has emphasized since it opened. As the restaurant’s website proclaims, “Our strong sense of family is reflected in our dishes, and we always strive to deliver excellence in everything we do.”

The low staff turnover at Enzo’s  also indicates that it is a satisfying place to be employed.

“It’s a great place to work,” said Robert Bellucci, one of dozens of employees working at the restaurant.

“The pizza is good – it felt like every individual component came together nicely,” said The Streak Staff Reporter Bailey Thompson, a Warren Hills junior who was a part of the Newspaper Staff’s pizza-rating competition.

The Streak staff judged pizzas from nine restaurants within about five miles of Warren Hills Regional High School. Enzo’s was declared the best pizza.

Like every business in the United States, Enzo’s had to adjust to the changing world that the COVID-19 pandemic brought upon everyone. Enzo’s business associates emphasize that they  follow Centers for Disease Control guidelines, and they offer outdoor dining to customers when the weather allows it. They also offer catering and online ordering options.

A common misconception is that the Italian restaurant and pizzeria also called Enzo’s located in Budd Lake, NJ, just outside of Hackettstown, is a third Enzo’s Pasta Grill location. However, this is not the case. The Enzo’s in Budd Lake is not affiliated with the two Enzo’s Pasta Grill locations in Washington and Mansfield.

Customers can keep up with Enzo’s on social media through various platforms. Enzo’s Instagram handle is “pastagrillmansfield,” and their Twitter handle is “PastaGrillEnzo.” They can be found on Facebook at “Pasta Grill By Enzo.”