Horizons Attend WHAM

Two finalist teams, Voorhees Regional High School and Hunterdon Central Regional High School, answer advanced trivia questions while competing for the championship of the Warren-Hunterdon Academic Meet at Voorhees Dec. 6. The Warren Hills Horizons Club finished seventh overall at the WHAM advanced trivia competition, where students are asked questions that relate to specific topics. The students for each school are divided into teams and a maximum of four members of each team compete against other teams. There are 30 questions in each round. If a team fails to answer a question in 30 seconds, or responds incorrectly, the other team has 15 seconds to answer. “Despite the fact that WHAM is a competition, students always go in with a positive attitude and have a great time working collaboratively,” said Warren Hills High School Librarian Margaret Devine. After completing three rounds, the total points for each team are added up, and the two teams with the most points compete in a final round on stage. Hunterdon Central won the final round after three tie-breakers, a new record. (Photo by Stephanie Dunlap)